Monday, July 22, 2013

Bump in the road...

I've hit a little bump in the road- I've been dealing with a difficult housemate since I arrived and things finally boiled over this past week. Even though he's moving out this week, I think this was the push I needed to show me what I've been feeling for some time now- that coming here was not the right move for me. I still want to pursue pre-med and then medical school, but I feel it will be better for me to do it in Los Angeles for the time being.

I underestimated how much I need the support of having my friends and family close by. I've felt very alone here and I don't really know very many people. In light of all this I'm moving back to LA and going back to work for a while. After I get settled again, I'm going to start taking pre-med classes again.  

I'll be taking Amtrak back (once again because of my bass), so I have a 3 day train ride to look forward to. In one sense it will be nice to see the country by train, but on the other hand I'm not super exited about being stuck on a train for 72 hours.

I'm so thankful I have such amazing family and friends who have all supported me through this difficult time. 

See you all back in LA in three days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment