Monday, March 8, 2010

Here Comes the Sun!!! And other fun stuff...

After the past two months of overcast weather and piles of snow, this weekend the sun came out and the snow started to melt away! It was so nice to walk around this weekend in the sunshine! I had orchestra rehearsals on Saturday and Sunday for most of the day. I'm also writing a final paper for my archeology class- it's odd to think that I'm almost done with one of the classes I'm taking (some of the classes here only go for half the semester). I'm looking forward to my trip to Manchester and Liverpool (note the Beatles reference in the title...) in the UK on Thursday! So next week I'll have a lot of new photos and stories for the blog...as of now, sunshine and grass is what I've got!
I've also started rehearsals for the chamber group I'm playing with this semester. We're playing the Schubert Octet and our first rehearsal went really well. I'm the only non-Swedish speaking person in the group (which consists of 2 violins, viola, cello, double bass, clarinet, bassoon, and horn) so the rehearsals seem like they will be mostly in Swedish. I'm starting to pick up some important musical phrases in Swedish from all these rehearsals. It's so nice to be playing chamber music, I've missed having such a great musical experience. This seems like it will be a fun group of musicians to work with! We have run into the common problem of trying to find time to rehearse that works for all 8 busy musicians.... but I'm sure we can figure a few times to have rehearsals- the performance is in April so we have plenty of time!
Mike and Lee (and all other who have commented)- thank you for commenting and following my blog!! I would answer but for some reason, it won't let me comment on my own blog.... which is weird... but thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ian - the snow is melting here too and it is raining. We'll be lucky to get out of our driveway tomorrow but we are very happy to have the warmer weather. I'm anxious to read about your trip to London. In 1984 (wow that was a long time ago) I stayed with a college friend who was working in London and we had a blast.
    Enjoy. Lee

    ReplyDelete