Monday, March 15, 2010

Trip to the UK, Day 2 (part one): Liverpool

Nick and I both stayed with Brittany and her boyfriend Joe, and since Nick is a good 4 inches taller than me I got to sleep on the small couch. Surprisingly, I was not as sore as I though I would be in the morning. I went with Nick to have brunch at a place Brittany suggested called "Eggs" that only serves vegetarian and vegan food. We just missed the breakfast menu, but the lunch was really great. I had a broccoli quiche with salad and garlic bread, and Nick had coconut and cauliflower soup and salad. The picture above was taken right around the corner from the restaurant.

After brunch, we walked around the city to wait for Brittany to get out of class. We found china town- all one and a half blocks of it! We walked through the shopping district of town, were there are street performers and Beatles shops everywhere.
This street performer was in Liverpool (and then the next day I saw him in Manchester....exact same guy, guess he likes to hit both cities over the weekend).
Yeah, we're buds....
This is the club where Brittany played the night before (Dave informed me that this is not the same Cavern Club where the Beatles played, the original building was knocked down and this new one built right next to where the original was). Still pretty cool...
Taxi!!
Liverpool Town Hall
Down at the docks.....

After walking around for most of the day, we went back to Brit's flat and chilled for a bit. Then we went to get some food and stuff to decorate the place for Brit's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment