Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bummer of a Weekend

This past weekend I got pretty sick, which resulted in me staying in my room for three days in bed. It made me pretty homesick to be so far from home and feel so lousy. But now I am on the mend, only a little bit of a runny nose remains so hopefully I'll be back at %100 by the end of the week.

I turned in my enrollment form yesterday so now I am officially enrolled in classes! My class schedule is pretty great, the first half of the semester (interesting aside: "semester" means "holiday" in Swedish , so everyone uses the word "term" instead to avoid confusion) I only have class on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Which leaves me a lot of time to practice, a fact that is very exciting. The second half of the semester, I have class only on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The weather here has been crazy! Everyone told me that it didn't snow much here in Skåne, or that when it did snow, it didn't stay on the ground for long. Well there has been snow on the ground since I got here! Yesterday it snowed ALL day, and with the wind it made it painful to walk anywhere. When I walked back from the music building after practicing last night, I got caked in snow. When I came into the kitchen from outside, one of the guys from my corridor laughed and said "You look like a snowman!". And I did. There was snow plastered to my jacket, my scarf, and my hat. There was even snow piled up on the top of my backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment