Monday, April 12, 2010

Day in Lund/ Opera in Copenhagen

We spent a day in Lund, and we visited all the places my parents wanted to see. We went to Lundagard Conditori where we had coffee and pastries, as well as the Kulturen Museum. The museum has exhibits about artifacts found in and around Lund, as well as a mock medieval town with building from the 1500-1800's. We had originally thought that the town part of the museum was closed, but it turns out that it was open! We got to walk all around around, and inside some of the houses.
Many of the doorways were much shorter than modern houses, like the one below, which was a house from the late 1800's.


On the last full day that my parents and sister were here, I had class in the morning so they all went to Copenhagen to see the city before I met up with them later. After my class I went to Copenhagen, but because of delays, I got there almost an hour late. We got tickets (all for 200DKK, which is about $30...which is less than it costs to go to the movies...) to see "The Rake's Progress".
The performance was amazing, and the set was fantastic! I had never seen the opera before, and it was a great production.
My dad
Again, we convinced my mom to come to the edge for a picture...
After the opera, we took a bus back to Copenhagen Central Station and caught a train to Malmö. Unfortunately, because it was so late we had to wait for 45mins to get a connection to Lund. We finally made it back to Lund around 1:15am. We said goodbye at the train station, my parents and sister got a taxi back to the hotel, and I walked back to my dorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment