Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Family is Here!!! Easter DInner!

This past Saturday morning, I got up early and made the trip to Copenhagen airport to pick up my parents and my sister. It was really great to see them! Getting to their hotel also gave me a reason to figure out the bus system here in Lund (that was the first time I'd ever taken a bus here...). Their first day here we dropped off their luggage at the hotel and then went back to Lund and walked around for a bit and had lunch at my favorite falafel place.
This morning was Easter and we went to the Lund Cathedral for the morning service. It was fun seeing the service in Swedish- even if we couldn't quite understand most of what was being said. I was happy to get to hear the organ and the choir in the huge cathedral! It was cold and rainy, and somehow my dad ended up with the pink umbrella (see top photo).... which was funny.

After the service, we went and had coffee at a coffee shop near by and waited out the rain a bit. Then we went to the grocery store and bought stuff to make an Easter dinner! We came back to my dorm (again- I figured out which bus to take... it only took three months...) and made an awesome dinner. We had chicken baked with garlic and butter, mashed potatoes, and sauteed zucchini.
It was a great afternoon, cooking and hanging out in my kitchen. Since it was Easter, there was only a few people left on the corridor, so we pretty much had the kitchen to ourselves. My sister started many card games to pass the time while we waited for the chicken to finish baking.
playing cards...
Deviled Eggs!!! Made with coarse grain mustard, which was a nice change to a classic!

We look very Eastery don't you think?

mmmm... awesome dinner!!


Post dinner napping was very necessary after such a great meal.... (my sister was sleeping on the couch.... somehow I was left out of this napping party).

No comments:

Post a Comment