Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lundakarnevalen 2010, Musical Acts!

Every four years in Lund, there is a big carnival in the center of town. One of the big attractions is the main stage where they have concerts all afternoon and into the evening. I got to see some great bands and I thought it would be good to do a separate post about it. The first night (after I had taken a nap to recover from my 8am flight back from Scotland), I met up with some friends for dinner and then we went to see Rufus Wainwright play.
His set was really good, but it was kind of more mellow than the crowd seemed to be feeling, and there were a lot of people talking and laughing during his set.
The next day, we all went to the fairgrounds, and heard a band playing that sounded pretty good. We went to listen and they were a really great band! It was a band from Iceland called Retro Stefson, and I bought a CD after their set (two of them signed it for me, which was cool). The band is made up of high school students who formed the band when they were in middle school.
Later that night there was a Brazilian/Swedish singer named Simone Moreno, and her set was a lot of fun. She had dancers and a great band, and the crowd was loving it.

The last day of the carnival, a singer named Pauline performed, and I loved it! She is a R&B singer from Sweden and her songs were smart and fun to listen to.
They set up these risers around the fountain so people could stand or sit there and see the main stage.

Earlier on the last day I saw a woman named Lisa Lövbrand did a great jazz set. I felt bad for her because there was a really small crowd. She had a great voice, and her band was very good. I wish there had been more people there to support her! We tried to cheer as much as possible....

No comments:

Post a Comment