Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scotland: Day 4

In the morning, I figured out that I could call the travel agency using skype, and I sat on hold for over 2 hours before being connected to the Danish airline that I had originally booked with. After a few minutes talking to the representative, she was able to re-book my flight without any hassle! It was great to have it that easy after all the time and money I spent on the phone just trying to talk to a live person. Having that out of the way, I was free to fully enjoy my extra time in Scotland!

We took the train out to a small town called Queensferry, a nice little town by the sea. We got off the train, and walked through the town and down to the water. Since the tide was out, we walked along the tide pools looking for shells.
We walked across the Forth bridge to the other side, stopping for lunch in the center. It was so cool to look out over the water and see for miles. When we got all the way across, we hiked up a hill looking for the train station.
At the top of the hill we found a playground and had a great time pretending we were still 8yrs old! The picture below is of by far the most fun piece of playground equipment I've seen in a long time.
After the playground we stumbled upon the train station and took the train back into Edinburgh. In the evening, I went to hang out with Dave for a few hours. It was so great to catch up with him, there was so much to talk about since we hadn't seen each other in four years. When I got back to Helen's dorm, we watched Braveheart to fill out my Scottish experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment