Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scotland: Day 2

I got up at 5:45am and took a taxi to the airport, only to find that they had shut down the entire airport for the morning. I waited in line for almost an hour before someone came by and told me that there wasn't anyone from my airline there to re-book, or even talk to. Since my flight was canceled, I took a bus back towards the city center. I got off the bus when I saw the view of the castle below. It was such a nice day, and there is a nice park under the castle that I walked around for a while.
I spent the rest of the afternoon napping and trying to figure out my flight... basically I sat on hold for extended periods of time and used up all the money on my phone without talking to anyone. The next flight out on the airline wasn't till Friday, so there was the possibility that I would have an extra four days in Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment