Thursday, May 30, 2013

More From Rochester

As I end my second week of classes, I am thinking a lot about home... Puck (my cat) has gone missing and we're worried that he was caught by coyotes. I guess there is a chance he's pulling a "Homeward Bound" trick and he'll show up here in a week or so (such a great movie...), but it seems doubtful. 

Before I left, my best friend Stephen made me a going away cake- I never got a chance to post it before, but I have an awesome best friend! 

I've started to figure out the bus system here a bit, and last weekend I went to the mall and then saw the new Star Trek movie, which I really enjoyed. The picture above is from the parking lot of the theater after the movie. It was good to get out and see a little bit of the city. This weekend I think I'll go up to the Eastman campus and visit downtown- someone in class told me there is a Greek festival going on so I might check that out. 

While at the mall I finally got an electric kettle! Yay for tea!! 

Today I came home to find an awesome care package from Lauren! It was perfect timing because I just ran out of food... She also sent me pencils, because in my excellent planning I only brought 1. The yellow car is an ambulance- the doors open and everything! 

I can't believe I have my first midterm next week, it seems like this class is flying by! I guess that's a good thing since I really can't stand math. I registered for fall classes yesterday, which is exciting, but I'm going to be busy. I've been applying for jobs and internships, but no luck so far. There are a lot of resources for post-bacc students that I'm learning about- during the year we get free tutoring and extra review sessions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment