Friday, May 10, 2013

Stuck in Oklahoma

Our second day started out great, we started driving right when we planned and made good time. We drove about 680 miles before the check engine light flashed on as I pulled out of a rest stop. We got off the freeway and looked for somewhere that was open to check out the car. Unfortunately, since it was after 6, there were no repair shops open. We stopped at an auto parts store to have them check the code. 

As we walked in, the guy at the counter was saying something along the lines of "yup, this is the calm before a tornado...." through a giant wad of chewing tobacco. As if we needed anything more to stress about. After checking the code, we found out that either way- if it was an easy fix or the more involved fix- the dealer would be the only place around that carried the parts which meant we had to backtrack 40 minutes south to Tulsa. 

We're trying to stay positive, the service department opens at 7 and hopefully it'll be a quick fix and we can get back on the road. 

If there was going to be a picture for this post it would have been me standing with the hood up staring at the engine pretending that I know something about cars (the few words I could understand from the auto store clerk through his dip might have well been in another language)... Lucky for me, Lauren did not take any pictures of my confused pondering on where to find the transmission or any of the random things the auto store clerk suggested I could try to fix on my own... Ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment