Sunday, January 17, 2010

First Weekend in Lund part 2

Tonight I had dinner with a bunch of people on my floor, which was really fun! We had traditional Pakistani food (I can't remember any of the names of the dishes...). It was really nice to meet some more people from my floor, and have some great food! For dinner, we had a main dish with rice, chicken, potatoes, and green bell peppers. There were also a traditional pancake made from potatoes and flour. For desert we had a rice pudding dish, with almonds.

A few nights ago I was supposed to go out with my mentor group- but, I couldn't find them! I wound up going out with another mentor group I ran into. It was really fun, we went to one of the Nations, the "Kalmar" Nation. The Kalmar Nation is one of the smaller Nations, the atmosphere is like a small pub. They have cheap beer, good food, and nice bartenders and bouncers (huge Swedish guys wearing T-shirts in the coat room- which is open to the freezing night air). We just sat around eating and chatting, it was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment