Friday, January 15, 2010

Utbytesstudenter i Sverige

One of my friends took a picture of me with my bike in the streets of Lund.

This is a picture of the lecture hall where I have my intro to Swedish class. The classrooms are all really nice and well equipped. The class is pretty fun, and I've made some friends from all over. It is nice that our common language is English- makes it easier for me! The title of this post means "exchange student in Sweden". Today I learned the most useful phrase I've learned so far "Jag förstår inte" which means "I don't understand!". This has become most useful! I've also relearned all my numbers and letter, which will help me next week when rehearsals for the orchestra (which are conducted in Swedish) start.

I'm going on Monday to pick out a bass to borrow for this semester. The conductor is also going to give me a key card so that I can use the building to practice whenever I want. So I'll write more/post pictures of the bass I get!

Tonight I'm going out with my mentor group which should be fun. The mentor groups are run by student vollunteers who help international students adapt to life in Lund. We're going to hang out at one of the mentors apartments, and then to one of the Nations (kinda like a frat, but not as annoying). The Nations are where you can get the cheapest beer in Lund because all hard alcohol is strictly regulated by the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment